Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ASTORIA AND TWINS, MAY-JUNE 2009

Michelle and twins at the Astoria Sunday market. It runs from Mother's Day to the middle of October each year.

Chantrelle looking very serious.


A very serious Brenna.

Michelle thinking "Must I have my picture taken?" (Looks like Bunny ears sticking out of the top of Michelle's head)

Rhiannon also looking serious. Be happy guys!!!!

Choosing something for lunch. Aw Rhiannon---be happy!

My very handsome Ryder.

There's my happy Rhiannon,

I wonder what the world looks like from a stroller. Maybe it's like the world from a wheelchair.

And this is my baby, Tiffany, who turned 30 on November 18, 2009.

I think Rhiannon met every dog that came to the market!!

All three are loving on this dog. Poor dog! I mean lucky dog.

And another dog! Rhiannon likes them all.

I wonder how much dog food this one eats each day?

Astoria from the Young's Bay Bridge.

The Columbia River looking from Astoria toward Washington State.

The waterfront trolley. It goes 4 or 5 miles. Then passengers flip their seats over and they can ride back facing forward. There is one trolley and one set of train tracks.

Here it comes, or (goes)?? Does the driver changes seats?

The Astoria column. We called it the Astor column when I was a kid. It is named for John Jacob Astor. He lived from 1763 and to 1848. He was the richest man in America during his
time.

There is a ship in trouble...let's go help it.

It is a big freighter. It looks empty. Sometimes they are piled high with containers---big cubes full of something. Goods from the Orient or if they are leaving then full of paper from the mills in Longview, WA or logs from Oregon. Maybe fruit from Chile where it is harvest time.

The large ships need a pilot boat to help them cross the bar and follow the deepest channel into the river.

Here we are.....safely back home.

Ready for the next ship to guide into the river.

More baby pictures of the twins. They are so darn cute that I love taking pictures of them.
This is Chantrelle.

And Brenna.

And Chantrelle again.


And Brenna again. Nakemiin (See ya" in Finnish) The "a" is supposed to have two dots over it but my keyboard doesn't have that option.

1 comment:

ebow said...

You are a good story writer. I could imagine myself reading the story of the small boat that helps the big one until it's time for it to go home. Fun pictures! Love you!