Saturday, September 8, 2007

The year of the Flea


Yes--We have fleas! The person at the pet supply store said the fleas are bad this year. That is an understatement. Racer especially has a big reaction to the bites. Tiffany has two cats and they live mainly in her room and Rhiannon's room which have carpets. So far the cats have had baths with flea shampoo, got special drops put on them which interrupt the life cycle of the flea, and wear flea collars. In addition everything got vacuumed and borateam sprinkled on the carpets (it is supposed to kill the larvae) and we got flea bombs for those two rooms. For the last three days Kato (the white cat) has sneaked into my room and settled on my new bedspread!!! I saw on tv that cats don't like vinegar, so I sprayed the stairs with it. That kept him away for one day. Now I just throw whatever is handy at him when he jumps on my bed--books, cd's, etc Are cats worth all this trouble is the big question and in this house it depends on who you ask!

1 comment:

ebow said...

I love your blog mom! I am glad I am not there right now with all the fleas. I say get rid of the cats! :)