Saturday, August 9, 2008

Oregon Scenery


I took these pictures of Mt. Hood when I was at a doctor's appointment up at the medical school in Portland





I love it when the fields turn gold in the summer.


One of my old boyfriends was instrumental in the development of the railroad near here.


Coming out of the tunnel on the way home from Portland.


We saw these birds driving home from church along the beach.



The flock took flight because a dog came running up the beach. I think they are sandpipers.


It was high tide so the sand wasn't very wet and we didn't have much beach left to drive on.


DeWayne said this is the trail that leads from near our house to the beach.


A guy sail surfing.








Wildflowers at the Cove in Seaside.


A nice day at the Cove.


A foggy day at the Cove.


A couple with their baby at the Cove.


The Cove is the place to surf in Seaside.


A girl surfer.


Looking toward Seaside.


Closeup of same view.


People enjoying the beach near the south end of the Prom.


Busy tourist season.





The ubiquitous seagulls.





Fishing season is open.











He caught one!

2 comments:

DJ said...

What fun pictrures you took of people doing fun and interesting things. Mount Hood is very majestic...kind of reminds me a little of Mt. McKinley.

Michelle Lee said...

Great pictures of summer there in Oregon. I can't wait to come home and actually live there again. It will be so much fun. I want my girls to enjoy all that beauty growing up on the coast. You got some great shots of the mountain too. Your camera can really zoom in close to get good pictures of people on the beach. Good job on adding pics to your blog.