Sunday, October 14, 2007

New blogs, oral surgery, etc.

I just added a link to Kay-Lynn's blog--check it out! This makes 13 of my kids and grandkids that have blogs (including my own blog). Kids=Debbie, Lisa, Michelle, Kay-Lynn, Erica and Jennifer (we still need Brett and Tiffany to join us). Grandkids=Aubrey, Kris, April, Ashley, Alanna, and Rhiannon (Brett, Lisa and Erica all have kids old enough to have their own blogs). Jen promises to update her blog as soon as they get their computer repaired. It is boxed up and ready to mail in to get fixed. They are all moved in and her new address is 10552 Gibbous Moon Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89129. They kept their old phone # (702) 740-4044.

DeWayne just left for Lincoln City. He will be home on Wednesday this week since I am having oral surgery on Thursday morning. About two years ago I noticed a sore on my tongue and kept mentioning it to the dentist I was going to. Finally, 18 months later, he referred me to an oral surgeon who said I had leukoplakia, a precancerous condition, and thought it was caused by trauma to the tongue as I kept biting the side of my tongue in the same spot. So I am finally having it removed and a biopsy done. I am also having eight teeth removed at the same time. This is all being done under general anesthesia. We are driving in to McMinnville, in the valley about two hours away. I probably told you all this before which just shows how much I am worrying about it.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey Grandma,
We hope all goes well with the surgery. Let us know how that goes and we hope you have a fast recovery;)

Love,
Kris and Jamie

DJ said...

Hi Mom,
I'm sure you'll do just fine with the surgery. We'll be thinking about you, let us know right away how it all goes. Are you more worried about going under, or the finding of the biopsy? Why do they have to remove 8 teeth? What will you have in place of them? I really like the pictures of the ocean. Who are all those kids following behind you? Say hi to Dad, Tiff and the kids for us. Love you, Deb

Animal Lover said...

I'm worried about both. And I have rampant decay from diabetes and the resultant high blood sugar--all the little sugar buggies in my mouth love it. Also my meds cause me to have a dry mouth and I'm a mouth breather at night and all that adds to the problem. Dad will make me partial dentures after my mouth heals. I will go stay in a motel when that happens.

pkabow said...

I meant I would stay in a motel while he made my denture since he doesn't have a place where I can stay. I don't want to sleep down in the basement of the dental clinic!